Terms and Conditions of Antonina Campi Opera Masterclass 2018
Centre for the Meeting of Cultures in Lublin
May 21-26, 2018
I General Provisions
- Antonina Campi Opera Masterclass (hereinafter referred to as the Event) will be held at the Centre for the Meeting of Cultures in Lublin between 21 and 26 May 2018.
- The Centre for the Meeting of Cultures in Lublin is the Organiser of the Event.
- In all matters relating to the procedure of the Event, which do not fall within or are not reserved for the competence of the Artistic Director, the decision shall be taken by the General Director. However, decisions that may bring financial liabilities for the Organiser shall be made upon approval of the Managing Director of the Centre for the Meeting of Cultures in Lublin.
- These Terms and Conditions have been prepared in Polish and in English. Any doubts relating to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved on the basis of the Polish text.
- For matters not covered by these Terms and Conditions appropriate provisions of the Polish Law apply.
- All disputes shall be resolved by the Polish court with local jurisdiction over the Centre for the Meeting of Cultures in Lublin.
- Annexes to this Regulation shall form an integral part thereof.
II Terms and Conditions for Participation
- The Event is intended for singers of all nationalities, irrespective of their place of residence, who are under 35 years of age on the day of opening the Event.
- To enter the Event, the Candidates shall submit their applications, which are referred to in Item 4, Point II.
- Candidates should send their applications by electronic mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application shall consist of the following documents:
a) Scanned copy of the filled-in and personally signed application form, a model for which is given in Annex No 1 to these Terms and Conditions;
b) Short biography that will be used in Event and press publications. Candidates from Poland must enclose their biographies in Polish and in English, and candidates from other countries only in English;
c) Current photographs in high resolution that may be used for printing or in Event or press publications;
d) Scanned copy of personally signed declaration, a model for which is given in Annex No 2 to these Terms and Conditions;
- The declaration mentioned in Item 4, Point d) above must be submitted as the original or personally signed in the Event office, for the Candidate to be entitled to enter the Event.
- Applications for minors or persons with limited capacity under the law shall be submitted by their legal guardians.
- Applications of the candidates shall be submitted by 30 April 2018. The number of Participants is limited.
- The order of receiving applications shall be decisive. Candidates shall be informed on the status of their application on a regular basis.
- Should the limit of places with a given coach be exhausted, Artistic Director shall propose another couch to the Candidate. The Candidate must approve the proposed change or else can become a Passive Participant.
- In some cases, Artistic Director may refuse the Candidate’s right to participate in the Event after the artistic analysis of the submitted application.
- When applying for the Event, the Participant shall choose his benefit package that shall be realized during the Event:
a) Masterclass Active (active participation including accommodation) – 1990 PLN or 500 EUR
b) Masterclass Active Home (active participation without accommodation) – 1690 PLN or 420 EUR
c) Masterclass Passive (passive participation including accommodation) – 1190 PLN or 300 EUR
d) Masterclass Passive Home (passive participation without accommodation) – 890 PLN or 220 EUR
- To be qualified for the Event, the Candidate shall pay a full fee of charges according to the selected benefit package within 7 days of receiving notification confirming participation in the Event. Payments should be made to the account:PL 83 1020 3147 0000 8802 0103 9171 (in PLN)
Centre for the Meeting of Cultures (please add an annotation: Masterclass)
EUR 32 1020 3147 0000 8802 0112 9717 (in EUR)
Centre for the Meeting of CulturesIBAN: EUR 32 1020 3147 0000 8802 0112 9717
BIC CODE: BPKOPLPW
(please add an annotation: Masterclass)
- On having been notified about qualification for the Event and paying the registration fee, the Candidate enters into an agreement between the Candidate and the Organiser concerning his or her participation in the Event on the conditions specified in these Terms and Conditions and gets the status of the Participant of the Event.
- Organiser shall not provide any reimbursement of the participation fee, regardless of circumstances.
- Event Organiser provides Participant who has chosen the benefit package with accommodation with bed and breakfast facilities (a double room) at the Organiser’s expense between 20 and 27 May 2018. Single room surcharge is 500 PLN or 125 EUR.
- Before the Event the Participant is obliged to present his or her identity card to the representative of the Organiser.
- Organiser shall provide accompanists for all Participants at his own expense.
- To be qualified for the Event, the Participant (or a legal guardian for minors or persons with limited capacity under the law) must draw an agreement with the Organiser under which the Participant will transfer copyrights to his/her artistic performance during the Event onto the Organiser, in accordance with the procedure specified in Appendix No. 3. The transfer of the aforementioned copyrights shall be made free of charge.
- Organiser does not report the Participant to any insurance, either a post-accident, illness insurance or loss or damage of the Participant’s baggage.
III Event Programme
- As for the substantive part of the Event, Organiser provides an active participant with:
a) 5 individual classes with a voice coach (each class lasts 40 minutes);
b) 5 group classes with a conductor;
c) Free participation in educational lectures;
d) Performance at the gala final concert (Participants selected by voice coaches) and free ticket to the gala final concert (remaining Participants);
e) Event promotional materials and a certificate.
Since group classes with the conductor need greater effort on the part of the Participant, they are planned as facultative classes. Please declare your participation in them. After the list of confirmed Active Participants has been closed, the Artistic Director shall provide each Participant with fragments of opera parts that they will be asked to prepare for group classes with the conductor.
- As for the substantive part of the Event, Organiser provides a passive participant with:
a) Participation (as a listener) in individual or group classes with a conductor selected by the Participant;
b) Free participation in educational lectures;
c) Free ticket to the gala final concert;
d) Event promotional materials and a certificate.
- Each Participant shall receive Individual Antonina Campi Opera Masterclass Programme electronically. The Programme shall specify dates of an individual class with a voice coach and other events that the Participant can take part in.
- Event Participant selected by voice coaches can take part in a gala final concert with piano accompaniment, which will be held in the Opera Hall of the Centre for the Meeting of Cultures on 26 May 2018. Event Participants shall be selected based on a subjective opinion of the Participant’s predispositions, capacities and preparation, made by a voice coach and Artistic Director. Number of Participants in the gala final concert is limited due to organisational reasons.
- All Event stages can be recorded on any audio and video carriers, without the Participants being entitled to any additional financial benefits, in accordance with their signed declaration.
- The Event shall take place at the Centre for the Meeting of Cultures in Lublin.
IV Relevant provisions
Pursuant to Art. 24 item 1 of the Law of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (uniform text: Journal of Laws 2014.1182 as amended):
- The Centre for the Meeting of Cultures in Lublin is a controller of the Participant’s personal data.
- Personal data of the Participant will be processed for organisational purposes, and especially for financial, statistical and documentary purposes of the Event.
- The Participant is entitled to access his or her data and correct them.
- Personal data may be provided to the Centre for the Meeting of Cultures on a voluntary basis.
- Any amendments to these Terms and Conditions shall be presented in writing.
Centre for the Meeting of Cultures in Lublin
plac Teatralny 1
20-029 Lublin, Poland